Aug 4, 2014

Interesting Dreadnought Model

Someone recently send me an email asking if I knew the model number of their Jedson acoustic because there was no model number printed on the label and the guitar didn't quite match up with any of the others we know about. Here are some photos and things I noticed that are unique about it.



From this distance, it looks like a 9000



Deep Mahogany Body



One-piece Back (laminated)




Badge Attached With Pins







No Model Number on Label

This might be similar to the W130, but I can't be sure because I only have a little information on the W130.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark

I have the identical guitar. The only difference I can see between the W130 and mine is the adjustable bridge.
My guitar initially had a few minor problems, it has dried out and some of the ribs had partially detached and the action was a touch high, what I did was let the guitar sit in a warm environment with no strings for a few weeks with a bowl of water inside, this brought the action down a little and I re-glued the ribs.
My guitar has no obvious identification, the cast Jedson badge on the headboard is missing and the label inside has been removed. There is the remnants of a serial number inside the guitar that starts 49, this might suggest the guitar dates from 1974.
If you need detailed photos or any other information please contact me.
Scotrock
Scotland